Monday, August 26, 2013

Its not always about buying brands!!



Not everybody likes clothes which are branded. My mom, she gets so irritated sometimes with the clothes that she forgets I m smart enough to buy what I will and can wear. Mothers are more concerned when it comes to those hippie wear. Carrying that look and attitude is not everybody's cup of tea. I cannot carry it without looking ugly. Sometimes what you see the mannequin wearing is not what you can wear, and even if you wear it how comfortably will you carry it is another question.

The only reason why mom took me for shopping is I wanted to buy a good skirt. When I told her this she wanted to keep a check on how short the skirt will be? Typical "MOMMY". So we both go to Lokhandwala that's in Anderi. Another great shopping destination but really costly. These street shops even have great brands like MADAME, LEVIS, JOCKEY. But the shop which attracted my eye ball was "peppertree". Its funky, hippie, creative and colorful. It does not display the usual clothes, its more goa. (I guess you understand what I mean) The best part of taking mom to such shopping destination is that she understands the latest trend and then don't stop me from buying it, instead encourages me to buy.



After shopping a lot from this place we moved on to next store "STREET SOUL". The place is not "SASTA" as the name suggest. The best part of shopping here is there is loads of creativity around. The shop holder keeps experimenting and creates liking among their customers. They have vivid combination.

I find this smart denim skirt (mom makes faces). Unfortunately I did not like the fit of the skirt and fortunately mom started pushing me to buy it. Mom said they look good, but I wasn't happy. The most contradicting statement and scandal arises when mom talks about her days, when she wore a skirt and got out of the house. I questioned her whether grandpa was okay with it? She said with whole confidence of course YES. The only thought that came to my mind was why the hell M I stopped from wearing it. When I asked mom she had no answer to it!

This shopping experience was more of learning experience about PARENTS AND THEIR STRATEGIES. I returned home with many bags but more than that too many questions in my head.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment